Nathan Smart reviews your favorite songs from his catalog!

7.26.2006

Long Live The Party :: Andrew W.K.

Long Live The PartyAndrew W.K.The Wolf

Andrew W.K. - wow. This guy is something. His music is so awful. The lyrics are so bad and the music is repetitive and simple. All of his songs pretty much sound the same - even across albums.

BUT I LOVE HIM.

Every time it pops up on shuffle in my iPod, I have to click over to it. It's the most energetic music I've ever listened to and it just gives me such a feeling - that feeling I had when I was a kid and would hear a great 80s song. There are a lot of 80s elements to his songs and I think that's why I really get into him.

Obviously, this song is about partying - just like all of his songs. This song directly references a party (as does about 6 of his songs) and how it needs to live on. Basically, it's a positive, life affirming song. A song about having a party but oddly, at the end it takes an interesting turn:

The more that you can give it, then the more it will be
And if you do not have it, you can take it from me
All we ever wanted was a thing to believe,
And now that we have found it, we have all that we need.

Party is the new Christ?

1 Comments:

Blogger meridith said...

is he talking about a party being something to believe in or something else. hmmmm.......andrew w.k. the philosopher

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home